Monday, April 9, 2012

Macaroni and Cheese (homemade!)

I am so spoiled with this homemade macaroni and cheese! I won't eat the boxed stuff anymore unless it was the last thing on the earth to eat. Haha! I don't remember where I got this recipe, but I started making it and I've enjoyed making it and eating it ever since! It's GOOD!!!

I usually make a little more than what the recipe says, but you can experiment and figure out what's good for you and your family and/or friends. I like to have leftovers to eat on other days. :)

6 oz. elbow macaroni (1 1/2 cups)
3 Tbsp. butter or margarine
1/4 cup finely chopped onion (optional) -- (I use about 1-2 Tbsp. of minced onion instead.)
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash pepper
2 cups milk
2 cups sharp American cheese (or some other kind of cheese--I use Colby and Monterey Jack)

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain. In saucepan melt butter or margarine. If using onion, cook it in butter till tender but not brown. Blend in flour, salt, and pepper. Add milk all at once; cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Add cubed (or shredded) cheese to sauce; stir till melted. Stir macaroni into cheese sauce. Turn mixture into a 1 1/2 quart casserole. Bake uncovered at 350 till heated through, 30-35 minutes. Makes 6 servings.
Mmmmmmm...... :)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!!!!!! This is a cool blog. I like that you put up pictures of every recipe in the pan and on a plate. :P Yum, yum!

Rebecca Adams said...

I just wanted to share some recipes that we have. Hopefully some people will try them. :D The pictures just make things look a lot better! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...