Sunday, August 28, 2016

Creamy Chicken

I wanted to try a creamy chicken recipe, so as usual, I looked online to see if I could find a good recipe. I found one HERE. I really like allrecipes.com! They always have good recipes. This one is one of my favorites! :)


Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (or chicken tenderloins--enough to cover the bottom of a casserole dish)
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 can cream of chicken soup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Clean chicken breasts and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder (or whichever seasonings you prefer) on both sides of chicken pieces. Bake for 25 minutes, then add cream of chicken soup and bake for 10 more minutes (or until done). Serve over rice or egg noodles.


Creamy Chicken over brown rice with fresh tomato!

We made this twice. The first time we pretty much followed the directions, except I didn't clean the chicken. I just put the chicken in a pan and sprinkled black pepper and garlic powder on top and then followed the directions on the package to cook it. I didn't season the chicken with salt because I knew that the cans of soup have plenty of sodium in them. (I've been trying to cut back on sugary things and salty things.) I only used one can of soup like the recipe said, and I added a little bit of sour cream which is what some of the people said in the reviews. It tasted really good with the sour cream, but there didn't seem to be a lot of sauce to it. The second time we made it, we used a can of cream of chicken soup and a can of cream of mushroom soup, and we also added sour cream to it. We sprinkled some rosemary on top as well. It was a lot better! I'd like to try it with peas and carrots, which was also mentioned in the reviews (to make it like a chicken pot pie ... but without the high calorie/carb crust). :)

This was really good and so easy to make! I highly recommend this recipe to everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...