Saturday, May 5, 2012

Biscuits and Beans

Finally! A new recipe! It's been a while since I've posted anything on this blog. This recipe is one that my Great Aunts (my mom's aunts) made a few years ago when my family was visiting them in Pocatello, ID. It's really good!


1 lb. ground beef
1 can (16 oz.) pork & beans
3/4 cup ketchup (BBQ sauce)
1 Tbsp. onion (minced or fresh)
1/2 tsp. salt (optional)
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 tube (12 oz.) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)

In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, ketchup (or BBQ sauce), brown sugar, onion, and salt; mix well. Bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. (As you can see in the picture above, I had used a 3-qt.-9"x13"-pan, so I ended up using 2 tubes of biscuits. It had been a while since I made this, so I forgot that I use a smaller pan for it.) Separate biscuits and arrange over the hot beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.


This is what it's supposed to look like... in a smaller pan. I didn't put the cheese on it this time that I made it. It's good with or without cheese. :)


Biscuits and Beans!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Yummy. I'm still waiting for you to put up your tortilla recipe!

Melissa said...

This needs updated!!

Rebecca said...

I'm sorry... I just haven't gotten around to posting anything. Plus, I haven't really been cooking new recipes lately that I haven't already posted. o_O

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...