Sunday, February 8, 2015

Banana Bread!

This is a really yummy recipe for banana bread that I got from my mom, and I think she got it from her mom (my Grandma Merrell), so it's been in the family for a while. It's soooo delicious!


cream:
1 cup shortening

add:
2 cups sugar
4 eggs

Beat well.
6 bananas (mashed)
4 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Add to first mixture: bananas alternately with mixed dry ingredients. Fold in nuts. Bake 1 hour at 375 degrees F. (Makes 2 loaves.)
Helpful tip: It might be a little gooey in the middle, so after the time is done, you can turn the oven off and leave the bread in for a little longer. That way it won't burn and then the inside can get more done. The outside will probably still be a little dark, but it's still tastes good! When I made it, I actually put it in for 55 minutes instead of an hour.

And there you have it! Delicious banana bread!

1 comment:

Casey Brianne said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE banana bread! I have a nice little recipe too, but since I don't have bread pans it's more of a banana cake... YUM!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...