Sunday, February 8, 2015

Mac & Cheese (in the crockpot!)

This recipe came from the Slow-Cooker cookbook. It wasn't my favorite. If you want a really good mac & cheese recipe, try this one! I think I've just been too spoiled by that other mac & cheese recipe, so any other mac & cheese doesn't taste too good to me. Haha! I'm sure this one would taste a lot better if you added some spices!


2 C. macaroni, uncooked
1 Tbsp. butter
2 C. water
2 C. milk
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. flour
1 C. cheddar cheese, grated
3 slices bread, toasted
2 Tbsp. butter
1/4 tsp. pepper

Turn slow-cooker to high. In a skillet, saute macaroni in butter until edges start to brown. Pour water and milk into slow-cooker. Add macaroni noodles and salt. Stir well. Cover and cook on high 60-90 minutes or low 2-3 hours or until macaroni is done. Sprinkle flour and grated cheese over top. Stir until cheese is melted. Cut toast into cubes. Saute in butter. Toss over macaroni. Sprinkle with pepper. Cook 30 minutes.


I don't know why you have to turn the slow-cooker to high at the very beginning. I'd suggest if you're planning to cook it on low for 2-3 hours rather than on high 60-90 minutes, turn the slow-cooker to low at the beginning. I turned it on high like the recipe said, then switched it to low so I could cook it for 2-3 hours, but the macaroni ended up getting too mushy after about 2 hours. If you try this recipe, keep checking the noodles to see when they are done so that they don't get too soft and mushy! That's just my advice! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...