Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Turtle Pumpkin Pie

**Look below for more recipes, including homemade chocolate cake and sugar cookies! :)


I was looking through the People magazine one day at work and I found this recipe for Turtle Pumpkin Pie and decided to try it. I'm not a big fan of your traditional pumpkin pie. It might be the spices used or the mixture of spices and evaporated milk, or maybe I just ate it too much when I was younger. I don't know. I just know that I don't really like it. This new recipe is GREAT! I LOVE IT! It's almost like a mix between pecan pie and pumpkin pie. Everyone should try it! It's really easy to make. :)

You can find the recipe at dessert.com (which changes to kraftfoods.com for some reason) and search for Turtle Pumpkin Pie. You will find the recipe HERE.


Ingredients:
1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. caramel ice cream toppng, divided
1 graham cracker pie crust (6 oz.)
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. chopped pecans, divided
2 pkg. (3.4 oz. each) vanilla flavor instant pudding
1 cup cold milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip whipped topping, thawed, divided

Pour 1/4 cup caramel topping into crust; sprinkle with 1/2 cup nuts.


Beat pudding mixes, milk, pumpkin and spices with whisk until blended. Stir in 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip.


Spoon into crust.


Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with remaining Cool Whip, caramel topping and nuts just before serving.


I think this might be my FAVORITE pumpkin pie! :) YUM!!!!!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...