Monday, January 12, 2015

Crockpot Tater-Tot Casserole

I got this cookbook for Christmas. My work gives everyone a little bit of money so we can buy ourselves a Christmas gift. This is one of the things I got for myself with the Christmas money! :) I want to use our crockpot more often, so this cookbook will give me more ideas of what to make. I saw the recipe for tater-tot casserole and it sounded good, so I decided to make it! The only other thing we've made in the crockpot is Creamy Chicken, so it was fun to do something different besides chicken.


BEEF! It's what's for dinner! (Seriously, this recipe calls for a LOT of beef!)


Ingredients:
2 lb. ground beef
16-oz. bag Tater-Tots
2 cans green beans, drained
2 can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup milk
Salt and pepper to taste

Brown and drain ground beef. In slow-cooker, mix 1/2 bag tater-tots with ground beef. Spread green beans over top. Pour soup and milk over green beans and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread remaining tater-tots on top. Cover and cook on high 2-3 hours.

Cheesy Tater-Tot Casserole:
Add 1 cup grated cheddar cheese before top layer of Tater-Tots.


You can see that the time on the crockpot says 2:23. We did ours for 2.5 hours. It seemed to be enough time. The thing I like about this compared to the chicken recipe we made is that we didn't have to worry if the meat was cooked all the way since it was already browned before we put it in the crockpot. Very easy meal! (But I suggest using a little less meat... maybe 1 or 1.5 lbs.) As you can see, we did the Cheesy version! We LOVE cheese! Look at all that melted cheese...


Add a salad and some rolls or bread with this meal, and you have a nice and hearty meal! (That's what Ryan called it... a hearty meal!)


We had lots of leftovers! I love leftovers because that means I don't have to cook every day! :)


Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...