Friday, March 6, 2015

Beef Stroganoff

I'm back! Life has been busy with packing and moving and unpacking and getting settled in our new place, so I've been neglecting this recipe blog! We are almost all unpacked now. (Whew!)

Here's another recipe from the Slow-Cooker cookbook! We made this about 2 1/2 weeks ago for some of my family who helped us move. It was really good and easy to make!



Ingredients
1 1/2 to 2 lbs. round steak (we used petite sirloin steaks)
2 tsp. beef bouillon
1 onion, chopped (I think we just used dried minced onion)
1 C. mushrooms, sliced (I don't think we put in the mushrooms because one of my sisters doesn't like them, plus I don't think we had any at the time)
1 tsp. parsley flakes
2 10-oz. cans cream of mushroom soup
Salt and pepper
1/4 C. Worcestershire sauce
1 C. sour cream

Directions
Cut steak into 1-inch pieces; place in slow-cooker. Sprinkle bouillon, onions, mushrooms, and parsley flakes over steak. Spread soup over top. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours. Stir in Worcestershire sauce and sour cream. Cook on high 30-60 minutes. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles.


See? Really easy! I believe we started this soon after we got up one day, then had it cooking on the low setting for 7-8 hours. We packed things, then had some of my family come over and help us move some stuff while it was cooking. Then by the time we were done with moving the load of stuff for the day, dinner was ready! All we had to do was cook some noodles. I love making dinner using the crockpot! It even tastes good as leftovers, eaten on paper plates... haha!



Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...