Saturday, June 4, 2011

Low Fat Egg Salad

I have been searching for easy, low-fat recipes that I can make.  This one was simple, and it tasted good.  I really love egg salad, especially on sandwiches, so I was excited to try this recipe.  We ran out of sandwich bread, so I put the egg salad on a toasted hot dog bun. :-)


Ingredients:
4 hard boiled eggs, peeled
4 tsp light mayonnaise (or fat-free!)
1/2 tsp dijon mustard
2 Tbsp chopped green scallions or chives
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Boil four eggs.  {Check out these easy, step-by-step directions!}  Separate the yolks from the egg whites and discard three of the yolks.  Finely chop eggs.  In a small-medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, mustard, scallions, salt, and pepper.  Add eggs to the mayo mixture.  Serve on your favorite healthy bread.

Variations:
You can add a sliced tomato and/or lettuce to your sandwich.  I did not have scallions or chives, so I added a sprinkle of onion powder. 
I got the recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...