Sunday, September 4, 2016

Zucchini Pie

I was looking online for other recipes that call for zucchini. I already made stuffed zucchini, zucchini casserole, chocolate zucchini cake, parmesan fried zucchini (not my favorite, which is why I didn't post the recipe here on the blog), and zucchini bread (recipe coming soon). What else could I make with zucchini? I found this recipe for zucchini pie and decided to make it since we had all the ingredients. It was yummy!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
3/4 cup buttermilk baking mix
1 tomato, chopped
1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
1/2 cup diced onion (or minced onion)
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 eggs, beaten

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly butter one 9 inch pie plate. In a medium bowl mix zucchini, buttermilk baking mix, tomato, corn, onion, cheese and eggs together. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Do not cover the dish while it is cooking. Serve warm.


This was really good!--a lot better than what I expected it to be. We used some baking mix that we already had which wasn't buttermilk, but it tasted just fine. Also, we used canned corn since the corn from our garden wasn't quite ready. I doubled all the ingredients and put it in a 9x13 baking dish. That way we had leftovers for a few days. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really good!
I am very impressed with all your gardening, cooking, and exercising!!!

Lisa said...

okay i am totally making this tomorrow.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...