Sunday, May 15, 2011

Never-Fail Sugar Cookies

Haha... I felt like something sweet one day and we had nothing sweet in the house. I saw the name of these cookies and had to try them! Plus, I noticed that one of the ingredients was sour cream. Interesting! I really had to try them after I saw that! Remember this sugar cookie recipe? It has shortening in it. Ryan and I haven't had shortening in our house for a long time just because I know it's not good for you! (Sugar isn't really good for you either, but this is still a somewhat healthier version as opposed to the recipes with shortening.) :) SO... I want to share this recipe with everyone because these cookies are GOOD! You would never know that they have sour cream in them because they taste just like sugar cookies! Delicious!


Ingredients
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla

Directions
Sift dry ingredients together. Cream sugar and butter together. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and sour cream. Add flour mixture and stir well. Refrigerate until well chilled. Roll dough 1/4 inch thick. Cut shapes and place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes.

Just FYI ... I doubled the recipe. If you've ever made a single recipe of cookies, you know it's never enough to satify you! So I doubled the recipe. It still only made 24 cookies, so they were gone really fast. I need to quadruple the recipe next time! Haha!


Perfect cookies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...