Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Harvest Spaghetti and Chicken

Over on the side, there's a link and a button for a recipe blog from some of my cousins. They call it The Recipe Society. Of all the new recipes I've been making lately, not one of them came from The Recipe Society. So, I decided to look on the blog and find a recipe to try. We've been getting quite a few zucchini out of our garden (hence all the zucchini recipes lately), so of course I had to make another recipe that uses zucchini! I decided to try the Harvest Spaghetti and Chicken recipe. It was delicious! Thanks to John (my cousin) for the recipe! Or was it from Tawnie? It says 'Posted by John' so I wasn't sure. :)


Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts, cut in small pieces
3 Tbsp. cooking oil
2 cups zucchini, thinly sliced
3 med. carrots, sliced thin (or baby carrots, cut up)
2 garlic cloves, minced.
1 Tbsp. flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. basil
8 oz. spaghetti, cooked

Directions:
Stir fry the chicken pieces in oil until tender and add vegetables and cook until just tender. Sprinkle and stir flour into the mixture and add milk, all at once, and cook until slightly thickened, stirring constantly. Add cheese, salt and basil and fold into the cooked spaghetti and serve. Serves about 8.


The less I have to touch uncooked chicken, the better. :) I didn't want to cut up uncooked chicken, so I actually poached some chicken tenderloins first. Then I set them aside while I heated the oil in a pan and cooked the veggies. While the veggies were cooking, I tore the cooked chicken into bite sized pieces and put them in with the veggies. Then I followed the rest of the directions after that. This dish was amazing! We used whole grain spaghetti noodles, so it was filling yet so refreshing with the veggies! I'll definitely make this again. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...